Wise Wellness Center is now open serving the Portage, Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, Michigan areas!
Other things to consider before your appointment:
- Please wear comfortable, loose clothing.
- Make sure you eat at least 2 hours before your treatment.
- Bring a list of medications, images (X-ray, surgical reports, MRI reports, etc.), vitamins and supplements you are currently taking.
- Is your acupunctue covered by insurance? (see below)
Hours: By appointment
All treatments are available by appointment only
We accept all major credit cards, checks and cash.
Prepare for your visit
Please download the patient history form, fill it out completely and bring it with you to your first appointment.
Please download the appropriate form, complete it and bring it with you
to your first appointment.
Is Acupuncture Covered by Insurance?
We get a lot of questions about acupuncture covered by insurance.
The answer is yes, many health insurance plans now offer some coverage for acupuncture.
- United Health Care
- United Health Care Pfizer (plus the retirement plan)
- United Health Care PPO UMR
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MI -most federal plans have some coverage and other out of state Blue Cross Blue Shield plans
- We accept Health Savings Accounts, Flex Fund Accounts and other similar accounts.
- VA Benefits for veterans
Please Note: We do not accept Medicaid, because they do not offer acupuncture coverage in Michigan. While we don't accept Medicare, you may have insurance coverage from a secondary insurance plan.
This is not a comprehensive list for acupuncture covered by insurance so please call our office and we will verify benefits with your insurance provider or answer any questions.
If you would like us to verify your insurance you can call us or click on the button below and input your insurance information.
We will contact you within 2-3 business days and let you know if you have coverage for acupuncture services.